Friday, August 17, 2012

This Week in Games - 8/17


I'm going to try something new. Clearly, I have trouble committing to anything like a regular schedule, probably because I can't resist making my posts into Tolstoy novels. But I should at least be able to post some links to articles that other, more talented, more organized people have written. Each Friday I will (try to) post a few of the most interesting articles I read that week.

Darksiders II (above) released this week. I played the first game not too long ago, and this sequel is one of the few new games I'm excited about this year.

Inside pictures of a GameStop refurbishment center. See inside the belly of the Beast!

I wasn't even aware of Sleeping Dogs until its release this week, and now suddenly, it dominates my waking thoughts. I did a study abroad in Hong Kong, and I still think of it as "my 'hood." While the game isn't exacly GPS-accurate, the idea if a meaty-but-focused open-world Hong Kong crime drama is pretty damn appealing. The money quote: "This is what Grand Theft Auto might feel like with a good editor."

EA is exploring a sale. That seems weird to me. Like saying the state of Delaware is for sale.

Do you know Extra Creditz? You should. The last two episodes were stellar.

No comments:

Post a Comment